Every Member of ORCC Requires valid MAAC Membership.
Flying members of the ORCC must hold a Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) membership that remains valid throughout their ORCC membership term. MAAC provides required liability insurance and other benefits. You can join MAAC here.
Determine Your Member Category and Choose Your Membership Term
Member Category Requirements 1 Year 3 Years
Junior Less than 18 years old on January 1st $37.50 Not available
Open Older than 18 years old and less than 60 years old on January 1st $75.00 $210
Senior Older than 60 years old on January 1st $65.00 $180
Family Member, spouse, and dependent children $95 Not Available $95.00 Not available
Non-flying Member Does not require MAAC membership $37.50 Not Available
Renewing your ORCC Membership? Do this:
- Ensure that your MAAC membership remains valid throughout the term of your planned ORCC membership.
- Consult the chart above. Identify your Member Category and choose a term. You can save a bit with a three-year renewal.
- When requesting renewal, you are confirming your agreement to abide by ORCC Rules, including any changes thereof.
- Send an E-transfer of the appropriate amount to membership@OttawaRCClub.ca. Include the name of the renewing member, their MAAC number, and changes, if any, to membership contact information.
- If you prefer to pay by cheque (not post-dated) or cash, contact membership@OttawaRCClub.ca to arrange payment.
- You will receive an electronic copy of your ORCC membership card when your renewal is accepted.
- Carry proof of MAAC and ORCC membership when flying.
Joining ORCC for the first time? Do this:
- Obtain MAAC membership for same period as your planned ORCC term. Join MAAC here.
- Consult the chart above. Identify your Member Category and choose the term. You can save a bit with a three-year renewal.
- Email membership@OttawaRCClub.ca with the following info. It may be easier to copy the eight points directly below, then click the link directly above, and then paste to the email that is generated.
- Date of Birth:
- MAAC Number:
- Phone Number: (optional)
- E-Mail Address:
- Period of ORCC Membership desired:
- New to RC Flying, or already a member of another RC Club (please name):
- ORCC Membership will reply to your email, confirming your ORCC membership fee.
- When requesting ORCC membership, you are confirming that the information you are providing is accurate and that you will abide by ORCC rules, including any changes thereof.
- Send an E-transfer of the appropriate amount to membership@OttawaRCClub.ca. Include the name of the proposed member and their MAAC number.
- If you prefer to pay by cheque (not post-dated) or cash, contact membership@OttawaRCClub.ca to arrange.
- You will receive an electronic copy of your ORCC membership card when your membership is accepted.
- Your initial ORCC membership is temporary. If you are an active RC flyer you will require a check flight to confirm that you are qualified and fully aware of the ORCC flying area and safety requirements. If you are new to RC flying, you will want to plan for flight training. In either case, please contact our Chief Flying Instructor (CFI) at CFI@OttawaRCClub.ca.
- When you are cleared for solo flight by the CFI, your membership card will be updated to reflect that. Carry proof of MAAC and ORCC membership when flying.
Thank you for being a member of the Ottawa Remote Control Club